THE BELL TOWER AND WINDOWS
In 1885, the bell tower and steeple were built, replacing the mission style of the original plans. This also created the entrance with a narthex or vestibule. The church bell was a gift of William R. Stewart and his wife of New York in memory of their child, Muriel, who died on September 7, 1884. In 1893, the first stained glass memorial windows were installed replacing the original temporary windows. In 1983, Dorothy Hutchins, wife of the rector, Richmond Hutchins, compiled a pamphlet for a tour of Christ
Church, giving details about most of the
beautiful stained glass windows that had
New Bell Tower with taller steeple and Rectory, 1889
been installed since 1893. They are not only meaningful memorials of church members but are artistically valuable.