THE OLDEST STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
Three windows in the northwest corner, that Mrs. Hutchins was originally unable to find information for at that time, have now been identified.
Alvira Bullard was born in Oneida County in 1779, before Jefferson County had been formed from Oneida, and is listed in the 1875 census as a widow living with her nephew, John Johnson, an early member of Christ Church. She is buried in Clayton Cemetery.
Next is in memory of Ella Felt, who died at age twenty. Her father taught in Depauville, and later, served three years as principal at Clayton. He was in Clayton when the school became the Clayton Union School. It is believed this family may have been
related to Jackie Felt Vrooman, a more recent member of the church and the chairperson for the 1968 centennial celebration. The window on the west wall was given in memory of Cornelia Baxter Pierrepont by her husband, William Constable Pierrepont, a well-known philanthropist in the Pierrepont
Manor area with connections to Zion Church there. Their connections to Clayton are unknown.